This Cookie Statement, amongst other things, indicates which cookies are used on the website by VLAM, which data is collected on the website by VLAM, how VLAM uses this data, how the data is secured and what your personal rights are in relation to this.
- Cookies are small text files that are placed on the hard disk of a device and contain certain information, including sometimes personal data. When you use our Website and/or Services, we also collect and process other personal information via cookies and similar technologies. For more information about this, please read our Privacy Statement.
- By (continuing to) make use of this Website and/or the Services, you acknowledge full knowledge of this Cookie Statement and agree to it in full. If you do not agree to it in full, please leave the website now of your own accord and do not make any use of this Website and/or the Services offered on it, or you now change your cookie preferences at your own initiative as explained in this Cookie Statement.
- VLAM reserves the right to (regularly) amend the Cookie Statement at its own discretion. Such changes, additions or replacements will be brought to your attention via our Website and/or if relevant via the Services. If you do not agree with these changes, additions or replacements, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have not received notification of this within five (5) working days of you being informed of the changes, additions, or replacements via our Website or Services, you are deemed to have accepted all the changes, additions or replacements. Please bear in mind that revoking your agreement to the terms and conditions can imply that you are no longer able to use the Website and/or Services as a whole or in part.
- By clicking on the privacy opt-in checkbox on forms on the Website, you declare that you have indeed read this Privacy Statement agree to it. You declare that you understand for what purposes your personal data is processed. You also agree that your continued use of the Website and/or the Services can be understood as continuing permission. You can revoke your permission at any time by sending a request to email@example.com by e-mail.
- This Cookie Statement was last updated on 23.05.2018.
2. WHICH COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES AND WHY WE USE THEM
- When you use VLAM's services, VLAM or a service provider may place cookies (little data files on the hard disk of your device or mobile device), web beacons (electronic images that are placed in the code of a webpage) or similar technologies. VLAM uses these cookies and similar technologies to collect data, to identify you as a user, to offer you a better experience on our website, to measure the effectiveness of promotion, to offer customised services and targeted advertisements and to promote confidence and safety and to guarantee it on our website.
- The VLAM websites may use different types of cookies. When you visit and/or use the Website and/or Services, we place cookies or use similar technologies with which we collect and process personal data about you. Such cookies and similar technologies include the following:
Name Type Why (purpose) Retention period Third party responsible for processing (where applicable) _dc_gtm_UA-60318284-4 HTTP cookie Keeping statistics up to date. Remember how the use visits the website, with an eye to improving services and online portals. Session Google.com _ga HTTP cookie Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data about the use of the website by users. 2 years Google.com _gid HTTP cookie Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data about the use of the website by the users. Session Google.com _gat HTTP cookie Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data about the use of the website by the users. Session Google.com Collect Pixel Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor's device and behaviour. Tracks the visitors across devices and marketing channels. Session Google.com GPS HTTP cookie Registers a unique ID on mobile devices to enable tracking based on geographical GPS location. Session Youtube.com VISITOR_info1_live HTTP cookie Tries to estimate the user's bandwidth on pages with integrated YouTube videos. 179 days Youtube.com YSC HTTP cookie Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen. Session Youtube.com Ads/ga-audiences Pixel Used by Google AdWords to re-engage visitors that are likely to convert to customers based on the visitor's online behaviour across websites. Session Google.com PREF HTTP cookie Registers a unique ID that is used by Google to keep statistics of how the visitor uses YouTube videos across different websites. 8 months Youtube.com
3. WHOM DO WE SHARE DATA WITH AND WHY
- We do not send your personal data in an identifiable way to third parties if this is not required to permit the Services without your explicit permission to do so.
- We may call on external processors to offer you the Website and/or Services. We ensure that the third-party processors may only process your personal data on our behalf, at our written instruction. We guarantee that all the external processors are selected with the necessary care so that we can count on the safety and integrity of your personal data.
- We may transfer anonymised and/or aggregate data to other organisations who can use this data to improve products and services and customise the marketing, presentation and sale of products and services.
4. WHERE WE PROCESS DATA
- We ourselves and our external processors will only process your identifiable personal data within the EEA.
- We can transfer your anonymised and/or aggregate data to organisations outside the EEA. If such a transfer occurs, we will ensure that there are suitable safeguards to guarantee the safety and integrity of your personal data, and that all the rights with regard to personal data that you could enjoy under the applicable mandatory law are guaranteed.
If a transfer of your personal data and/or anonymised and/or aggregate data, the following mandatory protection mechanism is implemented:
What Country outside EEA Statutory transfer mechanism USA Binding corporate rules
5. HOW WE PROCESS DATA
- We do our utmost to only process the personal data that is necessary to achieve the purposes named in this Cookie Statement. We will process your personal data in a legal, honest and transparent way. We do our utmost to keep the personal data accurate and up to date.
- Your personal data is only processed as long as it is necessary to achieve the purposes named in this Cookie Statement or until the time that you revoke permission to process it. Please bear in mind that revoking your agreement can imply that you are no longer able to use the Website and/or Services as a whole or in part. If you have registered on our Website (where applicable), we will remove your personal data when you remove your profile, unless a legal or regulatory obligation or a judicial or administrative order prevents us from doing so.
- We will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to keep your personal data safe against unauthorised access or theft and against accidental loss, manipulation or destruction. Access by our employees or the employees of our external processors is strictly limited and only possible on a need-to-know basis and it is subject to strict obligations to maintain confidentiality. However, you will understand that taking care of safety and security are only obligations to make the best possible effort, which can never be guaranteed.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
- You have the right to ask to inspect all the personal data about you that we process. Requests for access that are obviously submitted with an eye to causing a nuisance or damage to us will not be taken into consideration.
- You have the right to ask that all the personal data about you that is incorrect or inaccurate be corrected free of charge. If such a request is submitted, you should also add to the request, the proof that the personal data for which the correction is being requested is incorrect.
- You have the right to revoke permission previously given to process your personal data. You may revoke your consent at any time by sending an e-mail with that request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by removing your profile (where applicable), or if you wish to revoke your permission to process your personal data for a specific Service, where applicable you may use the unsubscription options provided to that end.
- You have the right to request that personal data relating to you be removed if it is no longer necessary in light of the purposes named in this Privacy Statement or if you revoke your permission to process them. However, please bear in mind that we will assess a request to remove your data in light of the legal or regulatory obligations or administrative or judicial orders that can prevent us from removing the personal data in question.
- Instead of removing your data, you can also ask us to limit the processing of your personal data if (a) you dispute the correctness of that data, (b) processing it is unlawful or (c) the data is no longer necessary for the purposes named, but you need them to defend yourself in legal proceedings.
- You have the right to oppose the processing of personal data if you can prove that there are serious and justified reasons relating to special circumstances that justify such opposition. However, if the intended processing is deemed direct marketing, you have the right to free of charge and without any justification oppose such processing.
- If your personal data is processed on the basis of permission or on the basis of a contract and that processing is automated, you have the right to receive the personal data you provided VLAM with in a structured format that is generally used and legible by a machine and, if technically possible, you have the right to transfer this data directly to another service provider. The technical feasibility of this will be assessed solely by VLAM.
- If you wish to submit a request to exercise one or more of the aforementioned rights, please send a request to VLAM vzw - Multimedia dept., boulevard du Roi Albert II 35, box 50, 1030 Brussels or send an e-mail with the request attached to email@example.com.
- The request must clearly state which right you wish to exercise and why. It must also be dated and signed and accompanied by a digitally scanned copy of your valid ID card which proves your identity. We will inform you of receiving such a request within a reasonable period of time. If the request is justified, we will grant it as soon as reasonably possible but no later than thirty (30) days after receiving the request without any further notification. If the request is unjustified, we will inform you of our refusal and the reason for refusing
- " If you have a complaint about our processing of your personal data, you can always contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are dissatisfied with our response, you may lodge a complaint with the Flemish Ombudsman and/or the authorised data protection authority, the Belgian Privacy Commission. For more information, please surf to http://www.vlaamseombudsdienst.be and http://www.privacycommission.be.
7. SETTING YOUR OWN COOKIE PREFERENCES
You may refuse the installation of cookies through your browser settings. You can also remove the cookies installed on your computer or mobile device. You will find help for changing the settings on the website of the browser that you use. Bear in mind that not allowing when visiting the Website can lead to some or all of the functions properly.
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies;
- Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq;
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en;
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences;
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=nl_BE&viewlocale=en_US;
- In 'Your online choice' you can determine for yourself whether you do or do not want to make use of interest-based advertising.
- For further information about removing or blocking cookies, please visit the following website: http://www.aboutcookies.org